Inverclyde Youth For Christ is a Christian Youth Work Organisation first established in 1989, when a group of local people recognised the need for young people to hear about Jesus. Our mission statement is, “Taking the Good News relevantly to every young person in Inverclyde.” We do this by meeting young people where they are and engaging in the conversations young people are having. We acknowledge that everyone is on a spiritual journey, and our hope is to support and encourage young people at which every stage they are at on that journey. We are about seeing young people’s lives changed by Jesus. We deliver Schools Work, Chaplaincy and Support Work with the hope that young people may come into a real and meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To provide young people with a sense of meaning and self-worth, a moral and spiritual framework to guide their conduct.
- To inform, teach and show young people by example how to realise their potential.
- To develop environments where young people can explore and evaluate their intellect and aptitudes.
- To develop programmes of, training and service opportunities for young people that enable them to apply their talents and abilities.
- To support like-minded organisational networks for mutual support and encouragement.
- To contribute to the relief of poverty and poor health among the young people of Inverclyde.
AWARENESS – To know God and make Him Known
FAITH – To live lives of faith, hope and love through Jesus Christ serving the young people of Inverclyde and the local church.
INTEGRITY – To be reliable and trustworthy, remaining whole and true to God’s word.
PERSEVERANCE – To be committed in all circumstances to love, value and serve sacrificially the young people of Inverclyde and the local church.
PRAYER – To dedicate our lives and work to God in prayer seeking guidance, provision and empowerment for all that we do.